• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV 7/8" brake M/C plunger

Jersey Alpine

Donation Time
It appears that I have an early SV Girling 7/8" brake cylinder that has a plunger where the seal goes on the PEDAL END of the plunger, as opposed to the newer SV M/C where the seal goes over the CYCLINDER END of the plunger. The big difference in the seals is that the newer model seal has a 10mm hole while the older one has a 14mm hole, allowing it to be stretched over the 7/8" end of the plunger. The current rebuild kit only contains the 10mm hole main seal which will not stretch over a 7/8" plunger end.

Looking for a seal with a 14mm hole or, failing that, a new style plunger with the small hole seal at the M/C end of the plunger?

With 2,600 miles on my Alpine thus far this year, I'm hoping to get a few more rides before the salt hits the road.

Have fun,
Jersey Alpine (Vlad)