• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeams at Indianapolis

Jersey Alpine

Donation Time
For anyone interested in Sunbeam racing history, I ran across the January, 1983, Motor Sport issue that has an indepth, four page arcticle on "Sunbeams at Indianapolis." I'll be happy to mail you the article or magazine for free.

Have fun,
Jersey Alpine (Vlad)

agmason54

Donation Time
Vlad,
After you make copies I would be interested in buying the magazine or trade you something for it...
later
Al

65beam

Donation Time
indy

in october of 1986 we had the TE/AE united at the indy speedway. the speedway hotel was our host hotel. we lined the cars three wide and made two laps of the track. the lineup covered most of the main straight. we also had the cars backed at an angle to the pit wall for the concours. the cars stretched most of the pit area. each owner took our cars out on the start/finish line and had photos of us with our cars parked over the bricks. we have framed 8X10 photos of my series 4, the wife's old series 5 and the red harrington that were taken at that time. they hang in the living room and also in my shop. i also have an album of photos i took at this meet. we had quite a mix of tigers and alpines. i have many albums with photos taken at uniteds dating back to 1983 and also all five of the suni's. some of my best photos were taken in downingtown, pa when we parked all of the cars inside the hotel at night. there was a large inside area that allowed us to park our cars in front of our rooms.

agmason54

Donation Time
Bob Webb,
I would like to get a copy of this publication. Are you in it so something?
Albert

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
indy

al,
his article was published three years before we had the united at indy. does it concern cars that sunbeam ran in the 500? i just thought i would mention that we had a united at the speedway. it was a great meet with lots of sunbeams at indy.

Jersey Alpine

Donation Time
Initially, I will attempt to create and send a PDF of the article as requested and in a few weeks decide on who gets the magazine. A freebie of course.

Fourteen inches of snow - bad for the Alpine, great for snowshoeing.

Have fun,

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey! How about a great trade! Your Magazine for a nice set of "Overland SnowShoes?