• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam SOS Sept.22-23, Columbia, SC

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Sunbeam Owners

The next Sunbeam SOS (Sunbeam Owners of the South) Event will be September
22-23 2007 at Columbia, South Carolina.
We will spend Saturday doing a little fun driving on some very nice back roads on our inaugural "One Lap around Lake Wateree" and end up at a lakeside park for a cookout and Sunbeam talk. Following that we will head over to a nearby workshop where Jim Ellis will delve deep into his V-6 Alpine project and answer any engine conversion questions you may have as well as any other Sunbeam repair issues that you have been wondering about.
A local BBQ place will be the location for dinner and socializing. And then from 8 until 10 PM there will be a hospitality suite set up at The Hampton Inn which is the show's host hotel. The next morning we will all meet up at the Carolina British Classics Show and put on a display of Sunbeam automobiles that will hopefully dominate the field of all British cars! So come join us-the weather will be cool and the driving fun as we all get together again to enjoy our Sunbeams. There will be no charge to attend the SOS-just bring something to share at the cookout.
There is a registration charge for the Carolina British Classic Show.

Here is the link to the registration form for the show on Sept. 23rd http://www.capitalfinancialpartners.com/files/14821/BCCMC registration form.pdf

Info about the club, the event, and host hotel is at http://www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com/
Quite a few folks have already registered and everything is lined up for a great event-hope y'all can join us. If there is anything else you need just ask! Hotels that are nearer to the SOS are available as well. The SOS site is about 30 miles from the show site. Please email me at sunbeams@sc.rr.com for the SOS schedule and other info and to let me know how many will be attending the SOS.
Thank you,
Eric Gibeaut

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Eric, Any goings on Friday night ?

Tom j

Stilllllll trying to get the SV up and running...
How 'bout an auto repair clinic in Lilburn, Ga. on Thursday the 20th :D

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a reminder that the host motel for this event will release the reserved rooms to the public on August 22nd, 2007. At that time they also go up $40.00 per room. Let's have a good group of 20 plus Sunbeams at this event!

Cheers,

Todd

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Tom-if we get enough folks interested, some things could be planned for Friday night-how about go cart races for bragging rights of who is the quickest followed by a cruise to a local drive-in?
Any and all Rootes cars are welcome to attend the SOS-I hope some of the Ohio folks can make it on down. This SOS is sponsored by SCAT (South Carolina Alpines/Tigers!) no club membership required. Eric

A

AlpineIan

Eric,

Scott and I are planning to attend. I'll see if I can get anyone else to join in!

Ian

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Any wives/girlfriends planning to attend the SOS ?
My wife tolerates the the Alpine but she's not really interested in anything but going for a ride(although she has helped with a few repairs)

Tom J

Looks like we'll be heading up to SC. on Friday afternoon, don't want to miss the Saturday SOS.........

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bob, When are you planning on heading up there ?
I just might have the SV up and road tested in time...(finally got it running.... sort of...)

Tom j

Still got two months..... I'm sure I'll need it :)

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob and Tom, Denise will be with me so there is one more lady in the group. On Sunday the day of the Carolina British Classics there may be a chance that we have a tour of the Govenors Mansion which is adjacent to the park we are having the show in. This is being worked on now. This will appeal to most ladies and some men. The Host motel is located in a section of Columbia called The Vista. It has several antique shops and specialty shops along with tons of good restaurants. We'll make sure the ladies have a good time too. Tell Judy I said hello! The hardtop in in the body shop -> whoo hooo I hope to have it finished by the show.

Looks like we are shaping up to have a great turn-out!

One more reminder - go to this web site to get registration forms and morel information. The reserved rooms will no longer be reserved after August 22, 2007.

Cheers,

Todd

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Motel reservations for the Car Show and the SOS.[/CENTER]

I found out last night that the host motel was stating that they were sold out the Friday night prior to the SOS but it has been resolved for those that need a Friday night stay.

In order to get a room for the Friday night I need you to call the hotel directly at (803)231-2000 and ask for Holly Boozer or Stephanie (do not know her last name) and they can go in the computer and over-ride the rooms that are blocked off and take care of our group. Please make sure they know you are calling for the car show "Carolina British Classics" for they will not know about the SOS event.

If anyone has a problem please contact me through email at
(alpine1963@aol.com) and I will get it resolved for you.

Please try your best to pre-register prior to August 22nd, 2007 before they release the rooms to the public and they will also go up $40.00 per room.

Thanks,

Todd​

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Booked ! Stephanie Mitchell or Holly Boozer. The problem was if you wanted to stay on Friday night also.

Great ! See ya in Columbia !!

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a friendly reminder asking everyone that plans on attending this event to pre-register. The cut-off is August 22, 2007. This will help everyone if you do. We can get a better feel for planning the SOS, the show on Sunday and you will save money! If you pre-register you will only pay $20.00 for the all British show on Sunday and you will recieve a free t-shirt. If you get your motel room prior to August 22, you will save $40.00 per night. Several people are coming in on Friday so they will be in town the morning of the SOS. Remember to ask for Holly Boozer or Stephanie at The Hampton Inn to get your Friday night room. Eric is busy getting a fun schedule put together for us. There is a good chance we will have 20 or more Sunbeams at this event if everyone comes that has said they would. Any questions, please feel free to give me a call, (803)397-5556.

Cheers,
Todd

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
We have our reservations for Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday.
:) We will be traveling back roads from Warner Robins to I-20 exit 130, then I-20 to Columbia. If anyone coming from Atlanta area would like to meet up at exit 130 or somewhere along the way, we would like to caravan the rest of the way to Columbia. We will be traveling on Friday. We can make arrangements to meet at a certain time. We can also swap cell numbers to make contact.:cool:

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob,
Please add my cell number to the one you create for the trip just in case you need to call me. (803)397-5556

Cheers,

Todd

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Special registration prices ends soon!

August 22nd is the deadline for a special price on the hotel room and for the registration for the show on Sunday....
Here is what Todd listed earlier for more info.....

Just a friendly reminder asking everyone that plans on attending this event to pre-register. The cut-off is August 22, 2007. This will help everyone if you do. We can get a better feel for planning the SOS, the show on Sunday and you will save money! If you pre-register you will only pay $20.00 for the all British show on Sunday and you will recieve a free t-shirt. If you get your motel room prior to August 22, you will save $40.00 per night. Several people are coming in on Friday so they will be in town the morning of the SOS. Remember to ask for Holly Boozer or Stephanie at The Hampton Inn to get your Friday night room. Eric is busy getting a fun schedule put together for us. There is a good chance we will have 20 or more Sunbeams at this event if everyone comes that has said they would. Any questions, please feel free to give me a call, (803)397-5556.

Cheers,
Todd

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
SOS Schedule

The SOS is almost a month away! Here is what we plan on doing-bring a
Sunbeam and come join us.

Saturday Sept. 22

9:30 AM-Meet at Camden South Carolina Revolutionary War Park. Take exit #98
on I-20 and go North on US 521 towards Camden for 1 1/4 miles, the park
will be on your right. http://sciway3.net/outdoors/park-war.html

10:30 AM- Leave the park and head off on our "One lap around Lake Wateree".
Very Sunbeam friendly roads with some wonderful twists and turns
along the way. Half way around the lake we will stop at Lake Wateree State
Park for a Sunbeam cookout. Please bring something to share with the
others-we will provide the burgers and hot dogs.
http://www.stateparks.com/lake_wateree.html

2:00 PM- We will leave the state park and finish our lake drive along some
scenic roads and then head to tour Jim Ellis's secret "dark side workshop"
where he will encourage others to come join him in the V-6 Sunbeam world.
6:00-7:00 PM- We can all go to dinner at a local Southern BBQ place which is
located on Alpine Drive!
7:00-10:00 PM- Then it is on to a welcome reception at the car show's host
hotel The Hampton Inn.

Sunday Sept. 23

8:30-12:00- Registration is open for the Carolina British Classics Car
Show-see you there!

Please email me and let me know how many to expect for our SOS.
There is no charge for the SOS-it will cost a few dollars to enter the Lake
Wateree State Park and there is a registration fee for the show on Sunday.
Eric sunbeams@sc.rr.com

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Gang,

The SOS on September 22nd and the all British Car show on September 23rd is right around the corner. The SOS is going to take palce just outside of Columbia , SC and the all British car show will take place at a park downtown Columbia, SC. It appears we will have a great showing of Alpines with a few Tigers scattered around. I went to the host motel today and I was told that they will honor the reduced rate all the way up till the time of the show as long as they have rooms. Please remember to ask for Stephanie when you call. Let's get those cars back on the road and enjoy another great Sunbeam event. More details at:

www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com

Cheers,

Todd