• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Race Car

mototron

Donation Time
The Rag In the Gas Tank Is a Sure Sign Of a Race Ready Sunbeam ,Any one Interested In a Bridge

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Come on guys: It has an Edelbrock sticker on the hood! What more proof do you need?

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
That has been posted before, last year I think. Not sure what club it would race with, other than the roll bar, it has none of the require items like overflow bottles, and the like. However, as noted, it does have an Edelbrock sticker...

Firebuff

Donation Time
If anyones interested??

I live 15 minutes from this car.. if anyones interested in it I can do a drive by for you.. let me know..

Mike

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Ok, enough with the stickers and roll bar comments.... :D Serious buyers form a line to the left... Don't be shy... Anyone?

GlennB

Silver Level Sponsor
Fire damage looks genuine.

The fire damage looks genuine - I would say it burnt for about 20 seconds to limit the paint blister to a diameter of only 2 feet. (been there, done that) GB :)

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
GlennB,
I'm sorry you had to develop that expertise in flame spread estimation... :(

If you're referencing the hood, that might be a "power bulge" added to allow room for the replacement carb mentioned in the ad.

It would be nice if the owner could post some pics (here or CL) of the floorpans, rockers, etc. If it became a racecar of sorts early on, it could have been stored with some care.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Race car in an alternate world. Roll bar is too low unless original owner was very short. No tech inspection stickers. Would have a log book; any real race car would mention that if there was any doubt. Nothing in the engine area looks race modified even if the car was run box stock. I got worked up when I saw the ad, the car I ran that Tony Pouliot owned would probably be in that area and the color model is right. Oh well, will keep looking.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
This appears to be a Series I with non-peaked headlight rims? Could this be a really early Series Alpine?

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
In pic 5, it's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like there's a hole near where the VIN tag would be. I'm not experienced with early cars, so maybe it's somewhere else, not right next to the oval tag. That could be why it's a "racecar" and not a street car...

Hopefully our critique of the seller's info doesn't serve to turn away an eventual buyer of this vehicle -- but rather to inform them prior to the purchase. It's still a 'beam, after all. :)

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think the vin tag is on the driver side on the early cars and this looks to be a Series I car.
Actual;ly it does not ' appear ' to be so bad from what can be seen. Looks like the is a hole in the passenger side floor pan but what else is covered up.
In NC this would get some attention as they are in short supply.

agmason54

Donation Time
This car is a SI just look at the doors to see the stubby window guides.Non peaked headlight bezels would fit all series and even a Hillman Minx. I think it is cool as is.
AGM