• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Graveyard in Fresno

308larry

Donation Time
Not a follower of Sunbeams or this forum but thought I would do my civic duty (as a fan of old cars) and mention that when searching the local junkyard here in Fresno I noticed 3-4 Sunbeams in various states of condition. Might have some nice trim or panel pieces on them. IIRC lots of good windshields, light bezels and nose letters (S U N B E A M).

I took a few pictures of them. If you are interested in seeing the photos you can e-mail me at John at ball design dot com. The junkyard is turners auto wrecking dot com.

I will not be posting any more on this site as I have a Citroen SM that I need to attend to.

Happy Motoring!!

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
I'd be interested in some pictures, but the site says you have not authorized anyone to send emails . . .

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes but see, I am not smart enough to notice that! I also complain that the microwave takes too long and don't understand the interznet-web . . . ;)

greenbean

Donation Time
308larry sent me the pictures and they units look to be Series I, II or III as they have the rear fins in the photos.

JConstable

Donation Time
I guess I better get my name out there as a local representative. I went to Turners several years ago and they only had about 1 and 1/2 alpines in pretty poor shape. If 308larry's pictures generate desire for particular parts that require a personal look, I volunteer. John

helijm

Donation Time
Turners Grave yard

I wish John, that I would have known you were there in Fresno would have saved me alot of time. I drove up there to see what he had, pretty gnarly looking S1,2 and a 3 there. Asked for pot metal top holders, two door handles, and door latch mechcanizms. He wanted $190. They were rough, pitted so I asked for a military or senior citizen discount and he said if I was as old as him he would give me a senior discount, comes to find out he is 83 yrs old so I said you may want to keep those parts. I got the feeling he will send the cars to the crusher. The employee told me he crushed 3000 cars last year which I could not believe. I hate to see a ragged Sunbeam heading for the crusher...

JConstable

Donation Time
Helijm,
Apologies, I hope there were some other benefits to the trip. I agree that the parts I priced at Turner's were quite expensive - I ended getting them from other SAOCA members and ebay for less. John

helijm

Donation Time
Turners Graveyard

JConstable.....:)No apologies needed here my friend, It was a fun trip..Been out for awhile at the VA and other places. Thanks again for the input on trying to locate some missing items..jm:)