• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam .. Glendora,CA

jimfai

Donation Time
No, no money asked for. in fact the grandmother called late monday night to apologize and tell me the car was not for sale. i called them back the next day. if you were to deal with the crazy grandaughter kelsey she most likely would ask for money. but it is not in her name and the mother keeps everything in trust since she (kelsey) is basically crazy. i really dont doubt the story after my conversations with the grandparents. normally i am somewhat cynical, i was at the start here, but i have bought and sold over a hundred cars on the internet since 2000, heard lots of tales but i dont think this is fabricated.
maybe someday the car will see the light of day and be for sale, i plan to keep in touch for a while anyway.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Thanks Jim for the update! ... In the 40+ years of buying cars and trucks I have never came across anything as sorted as this(knock on wood) and don't intend to now ... to much drama with so many family members involved. Sad that the family has to deal with all the calls they must have gotten on this with the pain they have to deal with at this time.

........ David

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
This morning as I was going through my email contacts trying to find one, I was sent this one that was unsolicited as I gave up on this odd ad.

**i am putting my mother and step father now in death camps for murdering my mother and almost me to many times the white house is organizing it rite as we speak. They did this for 4 million of my fathers money and stole my inheritance money. I proved it with a lie detector test. All I wanted was my 100,000 car didnt care about the 12 million they owe me. Now I am taking every penny and raising my little sister chloe paying for her to go to berkley or yale she gets to pick once shes older. That was the last straw not giving me my car.

Not sure if this was meant for another interested party or what but anyone (jimfai) should be very cautious dealing with anyone associated with this car or family ... JMO!

........ David:confused:

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
It is sad to see someone in this condition but mental illness is a fact of life and too often these folks do not get treatment needed or are too often on their own and can't manage their medication. Can you imagine living a day in their life, not being able to distinguish reality from delusions or being a parent of someone w/ this condition and the helplessness they must feel to see a family member slowly but surely loose their mental functioning.
After almost 30 years of work in this area of health care I can tell you treatment is better if you can afford it and worse if you can't. Too many can't as insurance companies don't want to be in for the long term cost for treatment. And still there is a strong push to privatize treatment. Sometimes making a profit may not be the best alternative.
I know, this should be in the rant section.

jimfai

Donation Time
bulldurham, very well said. not the experience of you but i did work as an aide in a facility for several years while in college. lots of sad stories. i would never deal with this kelsey woman who placed the add and she doesnt really own since it is in an estate managed by her mother. been too busy to do anymore contact, may or may not in the future. thanks, jim