• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam .. Glendora,CA

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Not this one again!!!!!
Nice that he is showing two different cars!!!! LOL

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I see at least three different cars. Maybe four, depending on if the first and last are the same or not.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
OK, I'll take one. But only if I can pay with gold. The gold I'm talking about was panned by my father(oops brother) in 1849. It has never been purified and therefore is worth about 100 X normal gold. Would one ounce be enough?

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Well I've been trying to set a time and date to see this car .. just outa' curiosity as it's only 'bout a half hour drive in traffic but can't seem to get a straight answer as of yet. Here's what was sent in response to my request for actual photo's of the car being sold or a personal inspection of it.

My email to her-Hi ... Would you have any photos of the actual car? ... The photos posted are of different cars and years so I'm a little confused. Thanks for your time

1st. email- its a replica same color but it comes with a top cover to the car it comes of the convertable
2nd. email- i want you to know what the right hand of my palm looks like my lie line goes on for 1000 years so you dont buy the car from a lookalike fraud i have a couple... love kelsey
3rd. email- omg i said lie line i mean life line i will take a lie detector test to prove the cars worth 100,000 easy if it wasnt a celebrity car and its worth more because it is if you like. lol so bad i think it was a computer hacker i dont like doing things online because computer hackers do that to me all the time.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I see at least three different cars. Maybe four, depending on if the first and last are the same or not.

Yes 3 cars... 2 countries.. The 2nd photo being a uk sii and the 3rd a uk sv... The first and 4th pics are a sii that i believe steve s may have once owned .

100k is not a bad deal to buy 3 algers both rhd and lhd and of early and late bodies.... What a great and honest seller.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
The responses I've received were verbatim copies of SoCal's email 2 and 3.
The saga continues...

jimfai

Donation Time
i have also been yanking the chain on him or her or whomever, i did get those two responses but several more before that where they said they were a 1000 yr old vampire. said it is humboldt county , up north, then told them i live in eureka and wanted to come by, they sent me an address today but google earth shows it to be an empty lot for sale. good humor.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Paul .... Should we assume your yanking our chains;) .... I thought I had a tentative :D arrangement to view the car this weekend ... But if you bought it please post photo's of this elusive 'beam.

....... David

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Well it's still for sale but not in Glendora .. it's in Bayside, Ca. 650 miles from me at her Grandfathers spread. She said she'd send some pic.s of it so I can determine if it's worth flying in or driving the 10 hours to see it. I was given an address as well in Bayside,Ca. but it's not a vacant lot for sale it's a very rural location with a nice home on it though you might get that impression. I also was given a tele no. there so I'm going to give a ring and see if it get stranger yet. I'll keep you posted.

..... David

email 4-
dont buy it from anyone other than me like my grandpa its in his garadge the car because its illegal its in my name and i really need the money i found a really cool house i am buying with the money my sons with his father rite now i want them back and my son is a great kid i will once i buy the property martin doesnt know he has a great grand son named lucho gatica the 2 tell him please.
my grandpa is a great man leave it to beaver type.

the address is ********** outside arcata telephone *********
the house i am buying is a historical building and the owner and me really bonded she was almost cring in my arms so i know i will get the house

love kelsey

jimfai

Donation Time
i did speak with the grandfather and grandmother last evening. according to them, and they sound very real, the car was towed to and parked in his garage 14 years ago. in a non running state with a broken or non working transmission at that time. it is a 1961 , blue not silver, according to him with a hardtop. this kelsey is their granddaughter and this car belonged to her father, they refused to refer to him as their son in law or daughters husband. they said he died in a car accident and this was part of his estate. he was some sort of avid car racer and did this conversion himself and supposedly drove the car but mostly raced it. whom actually owns the car or where the title is seems to be in doubt. they said the title is most likely with there daughter and her husband who live in eureka and they gave me her number, i have a time set to call when she is free on tuesday to talk about it. they said the car is buried in the garage under boxes and items and he was unable to take pictures. this kelsey is pretty much a wack job, going to make me a vampire if i come and see her in nevada city, and i discussed price with them for a car like this needing restore but supposedly in a rust free state. they seemed to agree with my sense of value, sight unseen of course. so this is what i know, if my conversation goes well on tuesday i may fly out or pay someone to go look at it for me.

jimfai

Donation Time
ok, so here is the most recent info i can give . i have spoken with the grandparents a few times, very nice down to earth people and sadly the grandfather has terminal cancer with short term prognosis.

the car is in their garage, it was part of the estate for their grandaughter, kelsey, the one who placed the add. she has a variety of mental illness issues and her mother is the guardian of the estate for her. the title is in the mothers name or her husbands, (not kelseys father) just not sure which one and havnt been able to get them to return my calls. lots of family drama over the car from siblings other than kelseys mother.

they will sell the car at some point but not now with the pending demise of the grandfather. i plan to stay in touch and see where it goes in the coming year. needless to say it is not a 100k car as kelsey wants for it and everyone involved is on board. will see what happens.

jim

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
This is better than Sam Spade explaining Bridgett Osannasey's predicament to Miles Archer in the Maltese Falcon.