• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam featured marque at St. Louis British Car Show 2014

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I recently learned that Sunbeam is going to be the featured marque for the 2014 St. Louis All British Car Show on September 20th, 2014. http://www.allbritishcarshow.com/ This is a great show at a very nice location right by Creve Coeur Lake that tends to have everything but Sunbeams. For whatever reason, there are very few Sunbeams in the St. Louis area and in a good year we might have 3 Sunbeams (two Tigers and my SV) there. So, making us the featured marque is somewhat of a risky move.

It is especially risky since there is a very good chance that I won't be living in St. Louis by September and may not be able to attend this year, as my Alpine and I will probably be living 1000 miles away in Southampton by then. So, I may be suggesting that others attend an event that I can't, but if you can get to St. Louis in September (which is generally a great time to be in the area), I highly recommend this. I can provide hotel and travel recommendations, if anyone is interested.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Jim

Thanks for the info. The TEAE takes place in Michigan a week earlier. I am hoping to make the United this year, but just in case it doesn't work out the St. Louis event might be a good show to attend.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I hope you can make it, Pete. Even better, I hope I can make it. For everyone else, please consider adding it to your plans. It really is a terrific event and mid September is usually a very nice time to be in the St. Louis area.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am bumping this back up to the top to try to get a few guys interested in attending this show. Ranney Dohogne (its Welsh, please don't ask me how to pronounce it; I've known Ranney for years and have never gotten it right) tells me that only two Tigers are currently registered and that "Sunbeam" will be eliminated as a separate category unless they get at least three. Which will be pretty embarrassing, as we are the featured Marque.

With my SV now in NY, there is no way it will be able to make it and only a slight chance I will be there. If I can arrange to be in town that weekend, I will try to tow either my S3 or SIV there, but I can't pre-register. Is anyone here planning on going? If so, please email Ranney ASAP at ranney.dohogne-at-nidec-motor.com.

Thanks. It really is a terrific show. I hope to see you there.