• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine: Making 'Special' Tools

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
This video shows how I make various rough and ready tools that will do the job of the 'Special' Churchill tools that were originally used by Rootes. Specifically this video shows me make an alternative to the Churchill RG225. This tool lets you tighten up the cylinder head bolts on a Rootes 1592 or 1725 engine without disturbing the rockers. Churchill tools can be very difficult to get hold of and can be very expensive if you can find them. For just a couple of pounds and about an hour of effort I was able to make a tool that does the job perfectly well. If you rebuild Rootes engines this could be a useful tool for you.