• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Still looking for my old race car

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Was a Series I or II (big fin), chartreuse yellow in the early '70's. Aluminum sump, gear shifter was bent close to the pivot and then back up at the knob. Head lights were removed and faired in, eyebrows had been removed and old hubcaps cut and welded in then smoothed over to give a rounded front but smooth finish. Tony Pouliot of Tacoma built and raced it but has lost track of it. Maybe gone by now but if anyone remembers it or knows of it, please contact me.

Thanks!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Do you have any photos? I would like to see how those faired in headlights look. Did it resemble the Harrington Thermal Efficiency car in the front?
thanks, Eric

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have only one old sideview of it but no, not the Harrington style. The head lights would look like the very late Series V ringed units if completely painted over. I will try to find that old photo and copy it.