• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

steering wheel

67brg

Silver Level Sponsor
What is the best wood steering wheel for my Series V? I would like to be able to have a horn button that functions. The telescopic feature is nice but not a deal breaker. Any suggestions?

bing

Donation Time
I have a Mota-Lita steering wheel which I like very much. I felt the original steering wheel was too thin. For me the Moto Lita has a much better feel. It comes with the Alpine coat of arms in the center. I think I paid around $300 for it.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I also like the Moto Lita. I have the one with the stretched triangle hole (for lack of a better descriptions) not the round holes. I think it matches the overall look better.

Horn button works. I had to take out the stock custom nut for adjusting, and use a standard nut. Then if fit under the horn button.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Alpine steering wheel.jpg
    Alpine steering wheel.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 100

65beam

Donation Time
wheel

I had this Moto Lita in the series 4 prior to the restoration. After locking the sliding column in place I was able to use the original nut to secure everything.

Attachments

• 107_0622.jpg
    107_0622.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 41

JJames

Bronze Level Sponsor
What size did you guys use? Any specifics regarding model numbers would be great as well, especially for the one with the Sunbeam logo on the horn button.

bing

Donation Time
I got mine from the Little British Car Co. They are in Michigan. It is mahogany. Model mk 9. It's been awhile but I think you get to choose the horn button you want, since the steering wheels fit several different cars.