• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Steering relay lever assembly?

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Will a steering relay lever assembly from a later series fit on a series 2? I am rebuilding my series 2 steering system and have extra relay lever assembly from a later series and would like to rebuild that one so I can keep driving my car and just swap it in one day.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
John According to the Part Book they are the same:

SI& II part number 1201239
SIII Onward Part Number 1201239

If you wish I can pull a couple out of my pile and compare, But I believe they are the same from past experiences.

How did you come out with the Box?

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I still need to machine the box for a seal and weld up the stripped threads for the steering wheel and re-thread them, the rest looks good.
Looking at the parts list on page 200, my series 2 is the one with part numbers 60 to 68 the extra one I have is part numbers 71 to 81.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Does the relay arm you have on the beautiful Alpine look like 60 ? or 71?

I would probably bet it looks like 60 ! If so, I believe 71 will not have the correct angle.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
According to the drawing I was looking at it was more straight than curved.

If what you have is the same, then have a go!

Here is the reference I am using:
Publication 6600992 SECTION RA Steering and Controls Series III onward page 2281/1 Item 71

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Series-I and Series-II Column signals are totally different than the Series III and later. The later signals do not have the same contact as the early series as well as the cancel mechanism it totally different. If you have both types, you can easily see the differences.