• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Steering Arms

Derek

Donation Time
Does anyone know if the steering arms on a SV are interchangable side to side? I just pulled a tie rod to replace the ball joints and both ends were (and still are on one side) inserted from the bottom. The WSM says that the steering arm ball joint should be inserted from the top, and this makes sense when you see the angles involved. I am wondering if someone messed up at one point and got them swapped.

Derek

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
My manual shows the Tie Rods coming up from the bottom and the cross bar linkage from the top.

Derek

Donation Time
Oops, I looked more closley and no I see that the steering arms can't be swapped, so just one more anomally in the Sunbeam Universe...If anyone has a similar set up I would like to here more

Thanks Derek