• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sparto Back Up Lights Location

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I’m ready to install a set of Sparto back up lights on my SI….does anyone have the installation instructions or measurements as to where they should be mounted?…it’s not particularly critical but I’d like to get it as close to correct as possible.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The instructions do not show the body panel locations. Gave up original instructions when I sold on a set for a friend.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I’m ready to install a set of Sparto back up lights on my SI….does anyone have the installation instructions or measurements as to where they should be mounted?…it’s not particularly critical but I’d like to get it as close to correct as possible.
Which bases do you have? The first style are a compound curve and mount them at the outside of the rear lower valance.. but a later style came along that mounted them inboard of the overriders with a single curvature on the bases.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I must have the later versions...they are almost flat but definitely not a compound curve
Bill just to confirm we are taking about the bases the lamps mount to... The Sparto "twin jet" reverse lamps that look like small exhaust tips have special bases that are a seperate part the lamp mounts to that then mounts to the body

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes....my bases have a slight curvature to them but it's been somewhat reduced from having them re-chromed...but definitely a single curvature

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yes....my bases have a slight curvature to them but it's been somewhat reduced from having them re-chromed...but definitely a single curvature
Likely they are the one that mount inboard the overriders.. I'll try and post some photos later of the factory brochures with that location. The inner ones are easier to locate as they are not trying to sit on a compound curve

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I’m a dummy…I didn’t understand exactly what part of the base “compound curve” applied to…mine are definitely the earlier version and mount on the outside of the over riders…