• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Spare tire Support

greenbean

Donation Time
I have a ready to paint spare tire support assembly for any of you S5 that want to convert from the strap. $20 plus shipping or BO. :)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Greenbeam, I thought of that myself , then converted to the 195 15 tires and wheels so it will not work for me.

Next, I'll be modifying my wheel storage to take the wider wheel, perhaps then I can make the "stock spare support" work for me.

That is a long way down the line,

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Remember there are two lengths to the bolt and cup that hold the tire up against that - one is longer to accommodate wire wheels, the other shorter for the stock steel wheel.

Last edited:

greenbean

Donation Time
Jon ---
I sent you an email to email me at rjbsr2@sbcglobal.net and I would send you a picture. It is striped and ready for paint and installation. I cut it out of a donor car and carefully ground out the spot welds on the donor side so you still have all of the parent metal in place.

Russ