• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SOVREN Historics

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am sorry but I left my roster at the track so the names may not be just right but, it was a mixed weekend for the Rootes Group. Two Tigers in the field (Doug Yee?) and another ran smoothly and fast. Doug's Tiger particularly is hot and always very quick. Both were beautifully turned out. Brian Robinsons' Alpine (Yellow #10) looked strong but unfortunately suffered a large engine failure early Friday that ended his weekend. I hope it wasn't too large or expensive!! John Voss in his red Imp ran great and strong all weekend. The little Climax engine screaming by my turn station was cool. Again, unfortunately, it may have been screaming for a reason as he suffered a catastrophic blow up the second to last race of the day! It apparently took six bags of oil sweep, all the Emergency crew and a street sweeper to clean up. Yikes.
Well, I'm no reporter so that's all I got to say about that.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
That was Doug Yip from Vancouver, BC in the green Mk II Tiger. Gerry Loeffler of CA was driving the other Tiger.

Sorry to read about Brian Robinson's Alpine. That yellow Series V was originally prepared for vintage racing by Brent Edinger of Edmonds, WA. He ran it for at least five years of both vintage and even some SCCA racing with only tear-downs of the engine for inspection. After he sold it, the engine survived several more years of racing by subsequent owner/drivers of lesser mechanical abilities...

I'm told Steve Alcala visited the races, but unfortunatley it was during Friday's downpours.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I knew I would get the name wrong

Doug Yip, my apologies! His car is always fast and well presented. I couldn't get to the car corral, I hope some Sunbeams were there!

RootesRooter

Donation Time
There may have been a Hillman Husky in the car corral during Sunday's races, but no Sunbeam display by Pacific Tiger Club this year, as Tigers United XXX in Grants Pass, OR was the previous weekend.

Hope you're able to bring your Alpine out to the Bellevue, Wash. ABFM on the 28th. Since they're doing a "Salute to Sunbeam" this year, it would be really great to see Alpine entries outnumber Tigers. Anybody else in WA, OR, BC planning to enter their Alpine?

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

Doug Yip, my apologies! His car is always fast and well presented. I couldn't get to the car corral, I hope some Sunbeams were there!

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Me too

Hoping to get it running tomorrow. In any event, it won't be painted, just a primer red Alpine