• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sound proofing the floor drains?

norville

Donation Time
Folks, I plan to dyn-o-mat the floors of my pine. Should I keep the drain holes there's 8 of them. 4 up front 2 under the seat and 2 on the rear shelf. I only have 4 plugs but The mat I'm putting in is supposed to be water resistant. Or iif I do keep them are they supposed to be open or closed? are they there for the oops for got to put up the top and now I have 2" of water in her??

thanks,

bob

mikephillips

Donation Time
Origionally the drain plugs weren't open, they each had a metal button with an attached clip on them. The idea was to have ot perform as if it was a sloid floor and yet have the ability to weep very small amounts of water, or be popped out if it flooded from rain or the like. But how many would ever actually do that??.... Go ahead and replace them new plugs, you can get metal or plastic replacements at a good hardware store since they're standard sizes, put down your soundproofing, and don't worry about it.