• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sometimes it's better. . .

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Tiger

As Chuck says you can debate this stuff until hell freezes over, and everything will remain the same, we have a pretty nice Alpine V8 that generates a lot of interest and were building a Tiger now that will be modified to our liking just my o2! and
I can almost guarantee that it will be better than what we started with!

Joel

alpine_64

Donation Time
michael,
have you ever seen a tiger or alpine body in the buff? the X frame is welded at the four cornersand the front frame rails and has a few sloppy welds to the floor panel. go to my photobucket site and you will see the bottom of a bare metal car. i know it can be repaired or replaced. i've seen it done. when the car is in a rack like the one my car is in, X frame work is not that difficult. the body doesn't move. if repaired and body panels replaced would it still be a tiger? it has a tac certificate so yes or no?

Bob,

What tyou are asking me is how much can you replace and still get past TAC.. in answer to that.. im not an inspector.. so as to how much of the manufacturers mark has to be there.. im not sure.

You are now moving the discussion away from switching VIN tags and parts into alpines as to how much can be replaced an remain original.. i'd say there is a point where you replace so much that the car would in theory no longer be that car.. then again.. and i have said this before to, if you know how the cars were made, the process that rootes used.. you can build a car that will pass TAC, be it a heavily restored Tiger or a rebody/transplant (actually transplant is a better term as that is what happens)

I reffer you to something i posted long ago.. if that will amuse you and make you feel better.. an article by tony dron about "the orignal hammer" look it up in the archive ;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
As Chuck says you can debate this stuff until hell freezes over, and everything will remain the same, we have a pretty nice Alpine V8 that generates a lot of interest and were building a Tiger now that will be modified to our liking just my o2! and
I can almost guarantee that it will be better than what we started with!

Joel

joel have followed your progress on the V8 alpine.. that car is going to be a monster.. will stop, turn and go like no tiger ever could.. im sure your tiger project will also be a very nice modified car.. but i gather you are modifiying that in different ways for different reaons.

When you are finished the V8 alpine and had your fun with it.. slap some VIN and JAL's on it and sell it to bob :D

65beam

Donation Time
it's better

michael,
the sound of that monster engine hurts my ears even though i can't hear much with the right ear. i also have watched him load it on his trailer and it's much easier to load my cars. i believe joel has seen my latest project and he should understand why my wife is saying finish it first.

Duke

Donation Time
I asked and the seller sent me this -

Vin is B382001485LRXFE, JAL is 661494

Duke
B382002037