• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Solex 2-Barrel Air Filter

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
I looked in my parts book and this air filter is listed for the Series III and Series IV Alpines with the Solex 2-Barrel Carburetor. Were these really stock? I've only seen the "bat" air filter on a Series III GT and the "rock" strainer types on a Series IV. Any help will be appreciated.
Tom

Attachments

• P1010113.JPG
    P1010113.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 38
  • P1010114.JPG
    P1010114.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 37

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ive seen these on Australian delivered alpines and rapiers and similar on other period rootes cars.. Maybe for wxport markets with dusty conditions.

I knwo there was another filter used on the S3 GT when it went to compound solex that had a small mental filter top that fed a large canister style filter housimg like the batwing used