• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft top storage

Van Bagley

Donation Time
It appears that in the well where the soft top folds into there should be
fabric straps to contain the folded top. Is there a picture or diagram of this?

RootesAlpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Sorry no photos but may I ask a related question?

Stowing a soft top for a Series V is different than for earlier cars. Does anyone have the instructions for stowing a SV hood?

RootesAlpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks. I had a very experienced Tiger guy install a new Robbins top a couple years ago but it never would fold down enough. This time I found that the clips that hold the excess material had come off but that seems to have helped since now the sides stowed farther down.

I am inclined to leave those clips off. If anyone knows of a problem with that I would be happy to have your opinion on that.