• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

soft top storage

Hodee

Donation Time
I have a series v Alpine and curious about the soft top. Is it common to put the soft top frame inside first when storing ,or the "cover" in first? Trying to keep things looking "smooth" when stored. thx

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I find it works best when the side flaps are stuffed in first, followed by the windshield bow. Then the frame is collapsed with as much fabric as possible hanging out. That fabric is then inserted. The last to go in are the two bows.

Barb has made two "socks" that are used to cover the arms to keep them from chafing the window.

Bill

RootesRich

Donation Time
I believe there is a Youtube video on this, but there are a few ways to stow the top.
I have a mohair top so my approach may not entirely work for a vinyl top due to the pliability of the different materials. I release the windshield bow and lay it on the trunk (boot). I then start collapsing the frame into the storage area and use some of the soft top material to protect the outside face of the rear windscreen as it folds in. With the frame in the storage area, I then roll up the extra soft top around the windshield bow and place the bow over the top of the frame. Lastly I fold down the side bows.
If you're attending SUNI next week, come find me and I'll give you a personalized demo of my technique.

Hodee

Donation Time
Thanks Rich, I was planning to attend but a broken collarbone changed my plans. I'll try your method and others mentioned to see what works best in my situation. Thanks again.