• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft Top Socket Brackets - Series III-V

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
I was looking through my parts and noticed I have two different soft top socket brackets. One is thicker than the other. (see the picture) I checked my parts book but only one number is listed for this part. Anyone know how to explain this?
Thanks.
Tom (TWAutomotive)

Attachments

• Thick thin.JPG
    Thick thin.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 52

alpine_64

Donation Time
Maybe 1 is an older repro.. Ot.. Just a design change to cheapen production, no new part number as same dimensions for locating points and function... Like the change in external door handles or the thick v thin rim headlight rims

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
My guess is design change to increase the strength around the socket cavity. I'll have to look at what mine look like later.