• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft top drain tubes

RootesRich

Donation Time
Anyone know how to connect (get to) the drain tube to the body at the leading edge of the soft top storage well? I accidentally dislodged the passenger side tube while doing some rear brake work and my hand is too big to fit in the small opening at the door/ soft top well. I'm wondering if there's another way.
TIA,

mikephillips

Donation Time
Be careful as you replace it. It's a special thin wall rubber tubing and can be perished or split at the top where it goes over the nipple.

65beam

Donation Time
drain tubes

i went to the local auto zone and bought a blue funnel with the long black tube . the tube turns out to be real close to the original size and it fit good . not original but considering where it is located on the car ,so what if it's plastic instead of rubber .

howard

Donation Time
I've got to finish this project when I get my car back from the shop. (I have to finish constructing the panels, as the old ones were...junk. (And I don't mean to disparage junk.)

I found the drain tubes (the metal parts that are mounted on the car) were stuffed full of dirt dauber nests, and I had to use a coat hangar to ream them out before installing the new tubes.

RootesRich

Donation Time
Update

I removed the side panels last night and got into the access port. Looks like my drain tubes haven't been connected in a very long time. The tubes themselves, which look to be original are too small of a diameter to fit on the nipple so I'm going to the parts store tonight to source some tubing that will work even if it's clear PVC.

howard

Donation Time
I had trouble getting the hose to fit the tube. I finally took an exacto knife and reamed the inside of the hose until it worked. May not be stock, but it looks stock... and it should work fine. It doesn't have to be super strong/temperature impervious.