• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

So, what about pressure plates. Is there an option for series v.

Joe B

Silver Level Sponsor
Any options would be appreciated. Plan is to go stock. Clutch disc and release bearing are available but no pressure plate.

Joe B

Silver Level Sponsor
Pressure plate is fine. Trans pops out of third. Figure if I'm
Taking out the trans, might as well replace clutch disc. Release
Bearing and Pressure plate. While looking up parts I realized
Pressure plates are no longer available.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Replace the pilot bearing while you are at it. I'd reuse the pressure plate if it is in good shape.

There are some forum threads about some of the available release bearings being poor quality.

Joe B

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes replacing pilot bearing also. Thanks for all replies .
Seems like the answer is there's no pressure plate available.
Having mine rebuilt is the plan.
Thanks all

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
NOS units (original versions and aftermarket versions) do appear once in a while on EBay.

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Not my concern just yet, but what is the rebuilding process ( can one do it at home) or where does one send a pressure plate to be rebuilt?
It is getting harder and harder to be a hobbyist.
be well all

Joe B

Silver Level Sponsor
I saw these release bearings on ebay , any thoughts.
. I already ordered one from sunbeam classics . Graphite type like
Original one. Wondered if bearing type is any better and if anyone has use this brand?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240509_101425_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509_101425_eBay.jpg
    849.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: