• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Smaller TBI

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks to be a very nice unit. I’ve never installed a new EFI system... obviously it takes an ECU and O2 sensor, but what all else is involved?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Well makes sense given how many dgv series carbs are out there and the popularity of the aftermarket 4bbl tbi systems

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Or you could get a AFR gauge, Vacuum gauge and Exhaust temp gauge. Usually most engines like around 13.5 AFR at idle (Highest steady vacuum), 15 AFR at cruise and 12 AFR at WOT.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Am sure they will do a " self tune" unit soon like the fast n easy system. Will use the O2 sensor as a loop to adjust mixture

65beam

Donation Time
FiTech and Holley both make a two barrel self tuning throttle body unit. I have a FiTech unit that will be installed on my van with the 302. The kit includes everything needed including the pump. It's a bolt on to the original Ford intake. We do have to install the adaptor for the O2 sensor. They're made so that after a short period of driving the unit is programmed. Jegs also sells the same units to replace four barrel carbs. Cost for the kit was right at $1300.00. The van has a few spots of the clear coat that are getting bad so the shop will install the FI unit after doing the paint. This shop has installed many of the units so w107_0339.JPG e'll see how it runs after installation. I seem to remember that we had 16 Beam owners in this van when we were at the Cincinnati United.

Last edited: