• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SIV Automatic for sale

lord_rootes

Donation Time
I have decided to sell my 1965 Series IV Automatic. I have had the car about six months and have decided I don't want to put the money or time into it to take it to the level I want it to be at. I thought I would post it here first before I put it on Ebay and see if anyone is interested.
First, the good points: The body is really straight and solid. My friend and I went over it with a magnet and could only find evidence of filler in two places, on top of each fender near the windscreen.
The car is very original with its original interior in great condition (save for the carpets which need replacing). The car runs and drives well (more on that later) and shifts through all gears properly. The car has had one respray from new (over original paint I believe) with the engine bay and trunk still in its original Carnival Red.
The car has passed the Provincial safety inspection in B.C., Canada so everything is in working order (the only things it needed were two ball joints and rear brake shoes). I have a copy of the pass certificate if needed.
Now for the bad: The paint job is not very good, probably a ten footer with some runs and a fair number of little chips etc.
The engine, while it does seem to run quite well will need some work. I decided to do a compression check when it arrived and the numbers are as follows, 145, 100, 100 , 124. At first I thought maybe the head gasket was leaking but I see no evidence of that.
The car has no soft top but does have the frame. It does have a period correct after market hard top in good condition.
I am asking $7,000.00 U.S. but am open to offers. I've attached fiveIMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg pictures. If anyone wants to see more please let me know and I'll send them to you.
Thanks,
Alan