• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Silly Prices

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ah, c'mon... $200 for trunk springs and $1,000 for a door?

Seems reasonable to me.

(...if I'm the seller, that is! :))

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Come on, read his auction details.

He's doing us all a favor by setting his prices high.
It allows the people all over the world to also be able to afford them, not just you and I.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Well now this just inspires me to go and pick up the stuff I was going to throw out.Put it on Ebay and then go and retire to some exotic place.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Well now this just inspires me to go and pick up the stuff I was going to throw out.Put it on Ebay and then go and retire to some exotic place.

Assuming of course you could sell any of it.

The gentleman selling the uber priced pine parts seams not to have sold any of his big ticket items in the several years hes been trying.
Though every few months someone else comes across them and re-entertains us.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
This seller also had a pretty sad windscreen on auction for the past few years. Plently of stone chips and delamination but he still had a ridiculous price of $1299 or best offer. A few weeks ago some fool offered and he accepted $600 plus $150 to ship it. He has also sold both headlight rims at $199.99 each.

Mark

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Yep, this is the same dumb a** who posted a bunch of high-dollar stuff a number of months ago. As time goes by and people ask him questions, he'll post a bunch of in-your-face responses, which will no doubt be designed to prove that he does indeed have a "high iq in ny" and that the rest of us don't know our stuff.

Just goes to show ya...it takes all kinds in this world!!!

Have fun,

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I will say, though, ebay sure can generate some insane prices. I was selling off some old (indeed vintage) computer equipment last year. I had an IBM PS/2 Model 9595 and an 8580 (both are servers). Granted, both were loaded with options and ran beautifully, and both were loaded with OS/2 V3 ("Warp") but let's face it, these puppies were really OLD. Some bloke in Arizona ultimately bought both of them - at around $900 for the M95 and around $300 for the M80... *plus* shipping! To say I was stunned would be an understatement - frankly, I half expected to be taking them to the recycling center!

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Talking about high prices, the MkII headlight rims on Ebay is at an excellent price for one of our forum members. I have never seen the MkII rims as high as that before. I like mine too much to sell ;) .

Regards, Robin.

agmason

Donation Time
"IBM PS/2 Model 9595 and an 8580 "

I have an old coffee mug from IBM with the saying "The Micro Channel Advantage!" painted in gold plus the IBM logo. Hmmm, maybe this sucker, excuse me, this buyer would like it setting next to the servers.

65beam

Donation Time
think about this. if you were the seller and folks were paying these prices would you call it silly? no!! would you refuse to take their money? NO!! you would be very happy campers and run with the money. so why complain? until someone in D.C. does away with our capitalistic ways, keep it going. maybe some day our cars and parts will finally reach their true value.??????????

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
"IBM PS/2 Model 9595 and an 8580 "

I have an old coffee mug from IBM with the saying "The Micro Channel Advantage!" painted in gold plus the IBM logo. Hmmm, maybe this sucker, excuse me, this buyer would like it setting next to the servers.

Well, in a way I beat ya to it... I was so dang happy he bought'em that I included a free "Wordperfect OS/2" baseball cap in the shipment!