• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SII Restoration nearly completre

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
My friend and I dropped the 1725cc engine in my SII on December 27th. We spent the next couple of days hooking up the new oil cooler (had to order a couple of banjo fittings from Mocal), etc. Cranked it over on 01/01/2020. I have 102 miles on the car now and it runs beautifully. (see attached images) Working on the first 300 miles then torq the head, reset the tappets and go for the last 700 miles for the break-in period. Today as I was accumulating some milage, I noted that my ammeter began to discharge constantly. I'm thinking I need a new generator. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_3099.jpeg
    IMG_3099.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3098.jpeg
    IMG_3098.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8661.jpeg
    IMG_8661.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 50

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Congrats Mike! The journey is always worth the final destination. Nothing like starting your new engine
for the first time!
Happy Beaming!!
Cheers!
Steve

loose_electron

Donation Time
When the engine is running about 2500-3000 rpm what is the voltage coming off the alternator(or generator) at? If things are running properly, about 14V should be seen.