• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SII Front valance pictures

wframe

Donation Time
My SII has some damage to the front valance. I am looking for some clear picture of a nice straight valance and the sheet metal behind the grill and around the radiator to help correct it. I have the grill out so I can get to most of the sheet metal and would like to get it as correct as possible.

Any pictures would be appreciated. Thanks!

D

Dr.NO 007

Series II sheet metal

quote: I am looking for some clear picture of a nice straight valance and the sheet metal behind the grill and around the radiator to help correct it.

Hello wframe
hope these pictures are of some help. (taken from internet website.)
Chuck
Dr. No 007
Canada

wframe

Donation Time
Chuck, thanks so much! Those are exactly what I was looking for! Several good angles that will help get mine back in shape.

wframe

Donation Time
Front valance

I have look at a number of pictures of the front of SIIs and I am still not sure of exactly how it is supposed to look. In the center there is a channel piece that the hand crank goes through. Is the lower piece of the valance supposed to be welded to the bottom of this channel, which would make it flat in the center? Or does it only connect at the front and carry a curve both front to back and side to side.

Pictures from Chuck, seem to indicate that it is welded to the channel its full width, but other pics seem to show it having a smooth curve front to back.

Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks!

mikephillips

Donation Time
Hard to tell from the pictures but there's a U shaped channel with tabs on each end for the hand crank to go through that is spot welded to the valance on either side of the crank hole and then spot welded to the radiator panel on each side of the crank hole in it.