• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SI and SII front shocks

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Plymouth/Dodge/Chrysler, stud top and bottom. I'llook up the years but I think 70's. Found it 76-80 Plymouth Volare. 80-83 Cordoba. May be others too.

Attachments

• image_6bdc07b9660ea47b0d9320210b5d02d7eb1ec46d.jpg
    image_6bdc07b9660ea47b0d9320210b5d02d7eb1ec46d.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jerry, not much available anymore. My S1 runs on NOS originals, while the HLM will get a pair of Spax. Just checked, but they appear to be NLA. Rick lists KYB, but they raise the front up 1/2 -1". Another alternative might be these (no experience yet):

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jerry the early style pin connection ones are hard to get new these days.. spax had stopped them a long while back. I got a set of adj off bill atalla that he had spare...but that must have been around 2004 ( holly sh1t)

If contract spax UK direct and see if they can do a set.. also maybe contact Koni.

Otherwise we need to use the Gabriel and Monroe's etc from other cars which usually are valves for a heavier car

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I use KYB KG4528 on the front of my series 2 and love them, I will add that my car is lower then stock so you may want to look at the specs. I also think I have a set or two of aftermarket shocks, maybe Monroe that I will let go cheap if you are in the lower 48 USA.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Don't know about the S ! & 11, but have been using Camaro gas shocks on late series cars for close to twenty years. Valving is not an issue, if anything, they are softer than the original shock. Probably not for the corner carver, but sure improve the ride. General handling is fine.
Bill

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
On my 1959 Singer, which has pretty much the same front suspension as the Series 1, I used KYB 343138 from Rockauto, inexpensive. Easily fitted into place. They are for 1987 Chrysler New Yorker. They give a nice ride, good handling (it’s a Singer not a Ferrari) but not a high performance type of shock.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Don't know about the S ! & 11, but have been using Camaro gas shocks on late series cars for close to twenty years. Valving is not an issue, if anything, they are softer than the original shock. Probably not for the corner carver, but sure improve the ride. General handling is fine.
Bill
The SI/II use a pin connection each end where the later series have the eyelet...
Rears of the I/II are lever arm... So unless you are running the conversion.. a whole other world of pain in the....