• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

shocks

RootesRacer

Donation Time
What do you racers think about the stock shocks in the Alpine? Should I be replacing them?

What model?

The early models had totally different shocks than the later ones, actually the earlier ones have knee action shocks in the rear, which can prove problematic if the car was not maintained well.

Otherwise, stock armstrong "telescopic" shocks work pretty well, I have also used woodhead aftermarkets. Both are fine. If you want a sportier ride, konis and spax are the hot ticket.

slippery_biscuit

Donation Time
I could go for some shocks, also. Should I measure them or maybe there are some part numbers floating around out there?? The konis/spax route sounds like a good one.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi John,

I can't remember if you modified your Alpine's rear end to telescopic shocks, but given the setup of your Alpine and the power it will produce it would be a good idea to replace your shocks. Alot of people use the Spax shocks, but Koni adjustable shock also seem to be popular. Even if you still have the lever arm suspension, I sure that you will be able to fabricate telescopic mounts for the rear end :) .

Regards, Robin.

afssanders

Donation Time
thanks

Thanks guys. I guess I'll add this to my list of things to do to the rear. God I hate scraping tar off that car. I still have to widen my sway bars, so I'll be under there again anyways.