• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Lettering

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
My car comes back from the paint shop tonite (yeah!!) and I will start attaching the script, chrome, etc. Not having seen this car in other than primer, I have a question about where the SUNBEAM letters go. Some cars on the site have them front and back, others just back. Was it both ways? (My car is in the last 1000 built in 1967)
Thanks!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
On your car just on the boot lid. Good luck! Don't put any letters upside down.... Eric

65beam

Donation Time
lettering

have some fun and put the letters on so they read SUMBEAN and see if anyone notices .

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jeez

Ya ask a simple question!!! I've got a complete TRIUMPH set that I could put on to see if anyone knows the diff. OR...here's your challenge, pick the best combo out of S U N B E A M and T R I U M P H and I'll put that on.

Never mind.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Sorry.
Although I have a repro set of letters awaiting install, I can't bring myself to drill thru the nicely repaired deck lid to do it. So I'm considering a foam-tape mounting method. When I'm next next to a stock Alpine, I need to ask to take some measurements of the elevation of the letters wrt the bottom of the trunklid, plus the margin at the sides. Then I can exit stealth mode.

I'll sit out the permutation challenge, if I can.

Ken

Alpine.67

Platinum Level Sponsor
ken if you need any tape for the letters let me know. i will get you some OEM 3M tape in any thickness you want.cutting the letters could be fun

brad babb

Nickodell

Donation Time
Ya ask a simple question!!! I've got a complete TRIUMPH set that I could put on to see if anyone knows the diff. OR...here's your challenge, pick the best combo out of S U N B E A M and T R I U M P H and I'll put that on.

Never mind.

You shouldn't hold out such challenges: it's like offering Chateau Lafite to a wino. Here goes:

Sunbathe Imp Rum (sipping a pina colada on the beach, next to a different Sunbeam)

Auburn Them Imps (paint them brown)

Bean Hummus Trip (driving to the vegetarian food store)

Bah! Premium Stun! (just opened your insurance renewal notice)

Rumba Thine Sump (shake the oil pan to loosen the sludge)

Ban Premium Tush (There'll be NO Playboys in this house!)

Bar Minute Humps (No more quickies)

Hammer Pub Units (Smash those beer glasses)

And finally, to be patriotic:

Marine Thumbs Up! (SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!)

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
If the car had lettering on the boot lid before the paint job the body-man should not have filled them. If he did, there should be evidence of their location inside the lid. Drill through the filler very carefully using a small drill (about 1mm) and open up the holes to their correct size from the outside using a fine needle file. I have just had my Series 4 painted and had the same problem with one of the door handle holes.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Winner winner chicken dinner

Yours Nick! Thanks Tony, the back ones are there but not front. Wasn't sure if they had been filled at one time or not. My paint guy did a great job, am very pleased.

Now back to work.