• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V heater control valve?

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I bought a good quality repro thru eBay a year ago but can't find the info anymore. I'm guessing he sold at least a dozen of them there. Does anyone remember this seller and his contact info?

greenbean

Donation Time
I just checked with Classic Sunbeam and Curt said they were out of stock, as did Rick at Sunbeam Specialties and as did Sue @ West Midlands Limited. All the reputable guys I go to say "no got":(:(:(. I may have to go the MGC unit as it is close or the Honda Civic route until someone starts reproducing them again. Anybody else have any ideas, I would like to stay stock if possible?

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Oh-oh. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any more come across eBay in the last several months.

What year Honda Civic should I ask for? Does it require a different mounting bracket?

I just checked with Classic Sunbeam and Curt said they were out of stock, as did Rick at Sunbeam Specialties and as did Sue @ West Midlands Limited. All the reputable guys I go to say "no got":(:(:(. I may have to go the MGC unit as it is close or the Honda Civic route until someone starts reproducing them again. Anybody else have any ideas, I would like to stay stock if possible?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor

Yeah, and if that's not the right replacement, I don't know what is.

bg243822378BHA4918.JPG

11a.jpg

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The heater control valve on my MGB bolts to the block so I don't think it's the same as the MGC.

Victoria British lists what you are looking for, but it looks like they don't have it either. It would be in the MGC diagram for '68 - '69, but they don't have a number for it. It looks like something could be fabbed up to adapt the '67 - '68 one though (item # 1)
http://www.victoriabritish.com/icatalog/mg/full.aspx?Page=99

Attachments

• MGB Heater Valve.jpg
    MGB Heater Valve.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 14

Rootes 66

Donation Time
The reproduced ones utilise the BMC mini valve, the foot is cut off, bored and tapped and an aluminium adaptor screwed in. as in Kevins image
Mini/Alpine valve comparison below
View attachment 3066
Pete

Attachments

• 11052011002.jpg
    11052011002.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 24

alpine_64

Donation Time
If you are going to use the MGC one, be careful, there are 2 types. I cant remeber if you had to order the early or late style, but ask for pictures before you buy. I know ssomone got caught out by this last year.

65beam

Donation Time
heater valve

there were two valves for the mgc. order the late version. it still needs to be modified as said. i had aluminum turned down to press fit where the one side was cut off and had it turned down to fit the hose. then drilled the opening.