• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Head Gasket Installation

alpiner

Diamond Level Sponsor
I’m about to install a new head gasket on my Series V. Don’t remember whether the copper surface faces the engine block or the bottom of the head. Can someone give my memory a jolt.
Also I am using a copper spray on the gasket and it says to spray both sides of the gasket. Any advise?
Alpiner

alpiner

Diamond Level Sponsor
I’m about to install a new head gasket on my Series V. Don’t remember whether the copper surface faces the engine block or the bottom of the head. Can someone give my memory a jolt.
Also I am using a copper spray on the gasket and it says to spray both sides of the gasket. Any advise?
Alpiner
I just discovered that the only way to get all the holes to line up is with the copper side down facing the block. Sorry about the brain fog. Still curious about using the copper spray,

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, it has to be copper side down, and as Mike said spray both sides of the gasket.