• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Air filers for stromberg cd150 carbs

Acollin

Donation Time
Hello all
Do gt6 air filters fit on series V alpine cd 150 strombergs?
i see Moss sells them.
classic sunbeam appears to be out of stock and my catalog for ss is pretty old. Anyone know if ss has them?
thanks
Andrew

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
What I have seen from Sunbeam Specialties is that they sell the metal housings and a separate washable filter element. I bought the washable filter elements from SS thinking I could try them with my existing filter housings (if I opened them up...) I recall the washable filters were purple colored and they were thicker than stock. I ended up not using them. I think I found some repros on EBay years ago. Just did a quick search now on EBay and not seeing what I had purchased back then.

Mike

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I wonder if the Moss Motors GT6 filters are missing the connection point for the hose that goes to the flame trap.

Mike

1708104926491.png

1708104974557.png

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I took a old set of filters carefully took them apart cleaned and painted the "shells" put cleanable K&N filters in. Although they're a little taller it's not an issue.
Tom j

Attachments

• 20240216_142329.jpg
    20240216_142329.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240216_142256.jpg
    20240216_142256.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 11

Acollin

Donation Time
I actually missed the “flame trap” port on the gt6 filter. I see the air filters are available in the UK so I am not that concerned about replacing mine. Although I would prefer to patronize / support our suppliers in the states. No ill will intended.

Flame trap—Mine is still in place but was there ever really a need or a concern for the flame trap?
Thanks for the replies
Andrew

gary1725

Donation Time
the GT6 filters do not have the flame trap fitting as they go inside a full filter casing which is connected to the rocker cover - they do however have a big hole in the outside face almost identical to the Carb mounting face (you can see it in the picture from the link provided above) which makes them unsuitable for direct fitting - I know because I bought pair thinking I might simply have to drill the outside face and add a fitting for the flame trap pipes.....