• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series IV windshield frame needed

alpinelover

Donation Time
Hi everyone I’m looking for a series IV windshield frame , mine has basically disappeared into a pile of dust, heavily rusted in the r/h corner and would require a lot of tlc to bring it back to life.
I’m in Montreal Canada
Thank you

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
shipping will be $$$$!
Do you know anyone going to the United near Toronto next month? Maybe they could pick one up there?

alpinelover

Donation Time
shipping will be $$$$!
Do you know anyone going to the United near Toronto next month? Maybe they could pick one up there?
Actually I was thinking of going to see if i could scrounge one up there , it would make life easier thats for sure

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
I live near Chicago. Sorry, but I am not going to the United. Maybe you could post a request for someone who is going near me to take it to Toronto. I'd be willing to pay them $25 from the price do it.
Tom

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
If a series V will fit, I have one available. Patch will be needed on left, but its all there. I'm just in the Belleville / Trenton area of Ontario.
Send me a PM and I'll forward pics. You can pick it up at the United if you like.
Bobbo

mikephillips

Donation Time
V will work, although it might require minor modification. The IV windshield frame started out with 2 studs on each end where it met the quarter windows. For a short time in early 65 for some reason they decided to go to 1 stud per side, then went back to 2 for the remainder of Alpine production. So you might, depending on what you have, need to cut one stud off or create an extra hole in the cowl for it. Like I said, might depending on your IV.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi everyone I’m looking for a series IV windshield frame , mine has basically disappeared into a pile of dust, heavily rusted in the r/h corner and would require a lot of tlc to bring it back to life.
I’m in Montreal Canada
Thank you
they are only "Sheetmetal" , not that hard to cut and weld back to shape.

alpinelover

Donation Time
Ok so i have managed to weld up the one i have , not to sure how well it stand up when i tighten down the studs but i guess we’ll see.
Question: I’ve installed the seal and window back in the frame and had a question about how the seal should look on the outside of the frame .Does the lip of the seal overlap the frame on the outside or does the whole seal fit within the recess around the window.?
I seem to be having trouble getting the seal in perfect position
Thanks

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Lip should be on the outside of the frame, then the lip will come up onto the stainless trim.