• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II front end suspension parts

62ACE

Donation Time
Series II front end suspension parts sources

I did some searching and digging through prior posts as well as web. I did not see quite what I was looking for in reference.

Is there a source within US for parts to rebuild 62 Series II front suspension.

basically all moving wear parts. i just picked up project and it will be a ground up. I do not want to go trial and error of determining parts quality.

I see Rootes Parts carries or at least advertises kingpin set, fulcrim pins, ball joints, track rod ends etc. basically what appears everything one would replace to feel secure in steering.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I found it too hard to find early series parts. I got a SV crossmember and transplanted both control arms (upper and lower) onto my early one. They bolt up. The cost of new control arm bushings, ball joints, rotors and pads was less than the early series from Holland and elsewhere. Of course, if you are an originallity guy, that won't do. If you are, I have upper fulcrum pins from Holland that you can have for much less than they want.

62ACE

Donation Time
Hillman and Jon

Thanks for the info.

Hillman, my 62 (very good/solid platform to restore)came with a 67 parts car mainly for tranny. unfortunately it sat in the mud etc for years. floors, body completely rotted through and through. I was hoping to snag the front suspension. I decided the rust and corrosion was too bad on the arms etc. The calipers and pads had exploded and mounting bolts stripped and snapped. I had to cut calipers off front to free up wheels to even get it to roll (back same issue with drums and internal explosion). not sure at this moment what I want to do or direction heading on front end.

little overwhelmed with this new project. I have been a VW guys for years. Parts whatever you could need are in abundance whether original German or repop.

Thanks again

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
F.Y.I. Speedy Spares is also running out of NOS stocks for the early front axles and nowadays sells the same parts which were remanufactured by Rootes Parts in Holland.Their service might be better though...

Last edited: