• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II: Firewall Throttle Bellows Needed

NN LeMans

Donation Time
In the continuing quest to get my Harrington LeMans back on the road I find myself in need of the throttle bellows that fits over the gas pedal rod retainer and clip as depicted on Plate B, Section D, Zenith Carburettor Controls, of the Sunbeam Parts List. The bellows (Part # 1205068) was used from B9002460 up to 1045489. It is round (2" in diameter) with a slight bellow and has a hole in the center for the accelerator rod. It has a solid rubber ring around the opening to hold it tight on the retainer lip. None of the normal Sunbeam parts houses have any. A NOS item is preferable but a decent used one will also do fine. Any leads on an original one or adaptation suggestions are appreciated.:cool:

65beam

Donation Time
bellows

i used the one for later series 4 and 5 cars. it works great and is no problem to get.

NN LeMans

Donation Time
Thanks for the information. The Series 4 and 5 grommet is my fall back position if I cannot find a bellows type. I would like to maintain originality if I can as my car had the bellows retainer and bellows on when it was built.

65beam

Donation Time
bellows

they all had the old style, but the new style is also a bellows type and what is available is also new.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
this part is simply unobtainium. Seeking this one for more than 20 years but never found one. A series IV/V one will do but is not really good. Trying a old Volkswagen Bus handbrake grommet now. Looks similar and promising...