• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II Engine

anduril3019

Donation Time
Series II engine for sale, Serial # B9110108. Engine was purchased from someone doing a V6 conversion who said it was running when removed. I did a full disassembly and cleaning and found the internals to be in excellent condition. Cylinder bores still had hone marks top to bottom and no scoring, I would guess 5,000-10,000 miles. I replaced Main bearings (-.020"), rod bearings (-.020"), and rings (+.040"). Valves were lapped, but no other head work done.

I believe this to be a good solid stock engine. I wouldn't hesitate to put it in my own car, but it comes with no warranties of any kind. I was a professional engine builder for a Lotus shop for a few years if that gives you any comfort (though it might make you worry more!)

$350

Attachments

• IMG_8951_A.jpg
    IMG_8951_A.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8952_A.jpg
    IMG_8952_A.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 48