• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II ammeter

alpine_64

Donation Time
How about posing a pic of that 3030/00 clock Warren?

ty, Mark

I had posted several pics of the clocks over the years on both forums.. think there is still a pic i uploaded to CAT forum.. all the old webshot links are now gone. I have seen 4 of those clocks in tigers down under... have seen 5 on ebay in last 8 years... they always selll for BIG $.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Clock

Looks identical except for the 00 from its later cousin, but i have not had then side by side and with reading glasses on.

Oh and yes it was in a 1A but know I was sitting around to hear if there was a scan of the face needed. But my MK1 still has wrong heater controls so it will look same next to the plastic knobs

Sorry about the flash flare.

Is there a 35 amp ammeter for the Tigers or did some have 30's as it could have been w/e dealer had in stock?

Attachments

• IMAG1549.jpg
    IMAG1549.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Looks identical except for the 00 from its later cousin, but i have not had then side by side and with reading glasses on.

Oh and yes it was in a 1A but know I was sitting around to hear if there was a scan of the face needed. But my MK1 still has wrong heater controls so it will look same next to the plastic knobs

Sorry about the flash flare.

Is there a 35 amp ammeter for the Tigers or did some have 30's as it could have been w/e dealer had in stock?
Mki has the Lucas 30/30 .. Mkii has the 35/35 small skinny font one as per alpine sv ... The mkia I'm not sure but would think 30/30 as it still had the generator whereas alpine sv and mkii tiger had alternators

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
SV as parts horses

First for the headlight rings and also for the 35 amp ammeter. I was leaning the same as I know all MK1 and 1A's had a gennie.

I was thinking to strip down the 30 amp gauge and slap the face needle and bezel on a volt meter.

Naturally my other pals want the part.

I am starting to think the 30 30 00 is a typo and it's just the last numbers 00 vs 01 as back when it first appeared on my car the MK1 guys said that's not the right clock for your car, I can help you out with the right one.

Very helpful Tiger guys the MK2 guys had the same helpful offer about the MK2 headlight rings.

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Seen it and

Like to see a bike pic. Hard to believe they made a 30 30 00
ad a 31 31 00 with the same screwy horizontal 3 and 9 The later clock is more attractive with the 3 and 9 in normal configuration.

Mine came from a fella who said he had a MK1 in the 80's took it out to fix it and then sold on car later forgetting it in a box. Still was $200 well spent:cool: