• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II ammeter

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I didn't know there was an original SII ammeter. I've seen the Lucas ones used in the S3-V. What did the SII one look like?

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
I didn't know there was an original SII ammeter. I've seen the Lucas ones used in the S3-V. What did the SII one look like?

Alpine 1789

Well, I don't know what they look like. That is why I asked the question. I'm assuming some SIIs had ammeters (mine doesn't) and that some of you out there have them and can tell me what they look like or sell me one. I've been told that they were Lucas ammeters +30 to - 30 with the needle pointing up. Maybe the same ammeters were used from SI-SV. Someone should know.

alpine_64

Donation Time
cant find exact image right now.. i have a bunch of them at home..

anyway.. they look like this:

url

but dont have the line joining the scale and are 30/30 ... they are the same as the S3/IV type but with a white needle vs the dayglow

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Alpine 1789

Well, I don't know what they look like. That is why I asked the question. I'm assuming some SIIs had ammeters (mine doesn't) and that some of you out there have them and can tell me what they look like or sell me one. I've been told that they were Lucas ammeters +30 to - 30 with the needle pointing up. Maybe the same ammeters were used from SI-SV. Someone should know.

Should look like this:

Attachments

• imagesCA0S0IDV.jpg
    imagesCA0S0IDV.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 44

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
No, but I'll keep my eye out on flee bay for you. I do have a proper series 1-2 clock if you are interested. It's in getting cleaned right now, but can send pictures when I get it back.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
The seller tiga78 on ebay had the correct one you need and it didn't sell. You might want to send him/her a note.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
That seller currently has one listed but it isn't correct for any Series Alpine. He had one a week ago that sold but it was a later production one with a super-faded red needle and was missing both large spade terminals, mounting bracket/nets and bulb holder.

I should have the correct one in used and NOS, if interested.

Rgds, Mark ..... volvoguys

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mark,
I am looking for the correct clock for my MKI Tiger, 3030/00. I have the correct clock for a Series V, MKIa, and II (3131/01). I would trade out depending on condition. Mine is getting cleaned polished out right now.

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
No, but I'll keep my eye out on flee bay for you. I do have a proper series 1-2 clock if you are interested. It's in getting cleaned right now, but can send pictures when I get it back.

I am looking for an ammeter. However, I already have a clock. Purchased one a couple of weeks ago.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Paul,

You're looking for the elusive CE3030/00 clock for a MKI? Sorry, but I don't have one. Actually I've never even seen one, or know of anyone who has laid eyes on one, either. If anyone out there has a pic I would really appreciate seeing it.

I am in the minority who disagrees that this is the only correct clock for the B9 MKI Tiger. Just a look at the Rootes accessory catalog for 1964/65 shows that the Alpine and Tiger used the same clock. Check the factory parts manual(s) and the Tiger manual makes no reference to a clock specific to the MKI. For those of you unfamiliar with the Tig manual, it only lists parts specific to Tiger. When a part is not listed it means it is applicable to Alpine and the user needs to reference that (Alpine) manual.

So, here I go out on the proverbial limb and will make the claim that the Alpine Series III & IV optional time clock is perfectly correct for the B9 MKI Tiger. Let the debate begin (he chuckles)!

Mark ..... volvoguys

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
That seller currently has one listed but it isn't correct for any Series Alpine. He had one a week ago that sold but it was a later production one with a super-faded red needle and was missing both large spade terminals, mounting bracket/nets and bulb holder.

I should have the correct one in used and NOS, if interested.

Rgds, Mark ..... volvoguys

FYI all you fellows who helped with my inquires regarding the proper Ammeter for my Series II. Mark sent me photos of a second hand one in good condition; the price was right so I purchased it today. Thanks Mark. And thanks again to all who posted with helpful information.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mark, no argument from me. I think the series V clock is perfectly applicable. Of course, I would take $1500 for it like they one that sold on Flea Bay.
You have a 2194/14 as applicable to the Series III? I think this one is also applicable to the MKI.

Paul

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Paul,

Actually, the Smiths CE3131/01 clock is well known with no arguments that it has correct application with the Alpine Series V, MKIa and MKII Tiger. I would say with certainty that the CE2194/14 clock used for the SIII/SIV would also be correct for the early (B9) MKI Tiger.

I've sold a number of the CE2194/14 this year so I'm not sure if I have another. If you're interested send a direct email to:

volvoguys@comcast.net

......... I'll check and get back to you.

Thx, Mark

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Clock n amp meter

Got a 00 MK1 clock before the recent calculated intentional run up in eBay bidder prices.
I do know that a gent who does gauge restoration will be able to make a later clock look like early by replacing the face.

Mine is right 2x per day and I'm a spot uneasy sending off for repair.

Don't read this as finger pointing at the posters of this thread.
The efforts I have witnessed by comparing feedback number as both a buyer and a seller of Sunbeam parts , is rather interesting considering how small the Sunbeam world is .

Last edited:

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a correct clock in my Series III GT that would be fine in the MKI, but why would I devalue my Alpine for a Tiger. :)

I'll send you an email and you can let me know if you come across one. I'm not paying Ebay prices just so you know. You may be better throwing it out on the flea.

Paul