• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I Fuel Sending Unit

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone know where I can get a fuel sending unit for my Series I? I have seen them listed @ SS and other places but the price is way over my budget! Has anyone found a substitute or a place that can rebuild at a reasonable price? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Rick Guest
Series I

65beam

Donation Time
fuel sending unit

series 1 & 2 use the same unit . they are available, but do sell for 160.00 .i bought one from V.B. for my harrington and believe it or not it works . you might want to take it out and clean it to make sure the arm moves. i found that the unit in my harrington was gummed up with dried varnish from setting . i also had to clean and coat the tank .

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
fuel sending unit

I am still using the original unit in my S-II but it had not been sitting in gas for an extended period of time. I took off the cover to make sure the wires were not broken or rusted thru and carefully cleaned and lube the arm pivot, renewed the gasket and it worked well. Worth the effort if it works. Be sure the float does not leak

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Fuel Sending Unit

Thanks guys. After looking at the unit more closely, it looks like the electrical tongue that the fuel gauge wire attaches to is broken off. Is it replaceable? Would soldering a new spade to the unit work? The rest of the unit looks OK and the float is leak free.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
sending unit

I like to repair things that can be made reliable and sending units can be fickle.
I would try it and see if it works. Real easy to take out and replace if it does not.

62beam

Donation Time
I have one.

I bought this from VB and sold the car before I could install it. If you're interested in it I'll sell it for well below what they cost from VB. You can contact me at wsbrowning@fuse.net.

fuelgaugesendingunit.jpg
[/IMG]