• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 5 Head

fred1725

Donation Time
Info Please...
I recently pulled my Dads Series 5 out of 30 year dry storage and started going over it to restore. If you look at the attched, you will see a head I have never seen. All of the other heads I have seen have the cylindrical spark plug holes, but this one has flat bottoms. This is a #'s matching car and this pic was taken right out of storage. Any ideas.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Info Please...
I recently pulled my Dads Series 5 out of 30 year dry storage and started going over it to restore. If you look at the attched, you will see a head I have never seen. All of the other heads I have seen have the cylindrical spark plug holes, but this one has flat bottoms. This is a #'s matching car and this pic was taken right out of storage. Any ideas.

Late series V came with the later head (that you have), also factory replacement heads often were this type too.

Congratulations, these are the best heads IMO since they dont weep oil down the spark plug tubes.

Oh and matching #s have not relevance to the head, could have just as easily been a SI head, since it would have bolted up fine.