• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 4 hose.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I am trying to source the half-inch bore "L"-shaped hose (Part number 9166512) that fits between the water pump and the inlet manifold. The usual suppliers in UK don't list them, neither does your SS. I could use a straight piece but it is a tight radius and it wouldn't look right and the flow might be restricted. Any ideas? Thanks.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Go to a parts house and if they will let you look at all the molded hoses for other applications you should be able to find something that will work , find the right bend and cut off what you don't need, I did this on upper and lower rad. hoses for Alpine sort of for emergency applications.:cool:

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Good idea, but I've already done that with the local supplier who keeps obsolete hoses. I think that's how I found the last one.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Look for new car applications, there are alot of molded hoses out there Ford, GM, Rover, Jag, If you have parts houses like we do in the States, Advance, Autozone type places.:cool:

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I've just looked at the Autozone website - I am not aware of such an Organisation in UK. I am surprised if the correct hose is not available somewhere.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks, Allan; I checked every page of the VB catalogue and the hose is not listed. They must be available somewhere or do folks use straight hose as a replacement? Tony.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks, Allan; I checked every page of the VB catalogue and the hose is not listed. They must be available somewhere or do folks use straight hose as a replacement? Tony.

Tony,

Maybe some of the other SIV owners can say what they are doing.

My SIV uses a S3 intake for dual Zeniths. The hose from the water pump to the intake is a straight hose that does'nt need any real bend or crimp to make it fit.

Allan

Allan

65beam

Donation Time
series 4 hose

my series 4 and 5's all have weber carbs. i don't use the water thru the intake on any of them . that eliminates the need for the hose .

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
My car has the standard fitment Solex carb which would probably be less efficient without the manifold being heated. I want to keep to the stock fitting, but thanks for the suggestion.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am trying to source the half-inch bore "L"-shaped hose (Part number 9166512) that fits between the water pump and the inlet manifold. The usual suppliers in UK don't list them, neither does your SS. I could use a straight piece but it is a tight radius and it wouldn't look right and the flow might be restricted. Any ideas? Thanks.

You might try National Parts Depot. The do Mustang parts. On the older 289 Mustangs there is a short "L" shaped hose that connects to the water pump. It may be larger than 1/2" though. Part Number 8597-1B is a plain hose with no logo on it.