• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 soft top side cables

bdh911

Silver Level Sponsor
i know I see of lot of recommendations to go with replacement tops that use the Velcro on the side windows, but I’m determined to re-use the spring and cable guides original to the Series 3ST frame. Just because :). Of course that would be a lot easier if the old top had been on the car and used the cables so I had a reference.... Can anyone provide a photo of the cable attachement at the front of the top frame? I can see the cable guide and spring attachment at the back but not sure how it’s attached at the front. Thanks,

mikephillips

Donation Time
I don't have a picture, but if you look at the ends of the front bow you'll see a small hole ear the tips. Originally there was a "button" that the cable hooked over. The button has a shoulder to make it smaller against the bow and larger about 1/8 out so that the cable doesn't slip off. There was a small bolt through the holes on the top bow. My guess is that the assembly was in the end too small to withstand use and tended to break off which is why they went to the Velcro style.