• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 GT in Sun Valley California

anduril3019

Donation Time
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4058822846.html

I went and looked at this car today. I think it's got potential but not quite what I'm looking for, so thought I'd pass it along.

It's been repainted recently, shiny but cheap paint.
Might have a 1725, didn't get a good look, has an alternator and Strombergs. Spark plugs are out. Looks like someone might have tried to fit a bigger engine in it. Lower radiator support has been cut out but is in trunk, front valence has been cut back, underside of hood (bonnet) has repair like it was cut for air filter intake/clearance.
Rockers look good, but couldn't tell if they've been repaired. Trunk had some rust holes in it around the back edge. Owner seems to be a nice guy, doesn't know a lot about the car.
Wood dash that looks restorable.
No hardtop.
Soft top frame from a non GT car, not sure what series.
Interior is not bad.