• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 complete project car

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
How about the front suspension assy? Is there any demand for any parts on front suspension assy?

Thanks!

Jack

I don't know enough about the earlier Alpines, so don't know if the Series III still has the king pin front suspension, but if it has, I wouldn't save it, because most guys are upgrading to the ball joint style.

Jose :)

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jose,

He should keep the front end, esp if its in good condition. Whiel people are switching to the later style fron end, the early setup well maintained is actually much nicer.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have learned..........Never throw anything on these cars out!

The car has a non overdirve transmisssion. The car is stripped except for the rear end and the suspension assembly. Is there any demand for the rear end or suspension parts. If there is I will continue stripping down.

Regards, Jack

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Also, check the gear ratio on the diff as you might get lucky and have the 3.72/1. Makes for better rpm on the highway.

3.72? What year(s) and model(s) was that used on? I've never heard of that ratio on an Alpine. Thought the 3.89 and 4.22 were all that were ever used on the 'Pine. Even the 3.70 that is available was used on some Rootes vehicles, but I thought never on the Alpine.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
3:70 gears

when chrysler dropped our roadsters and went to the fastback alpines,the cars with automatics had the 3:70 gears.the four speed cars had 3:89 gears.a lot of the sedans also had the 3:70 gears.

alpine_64

Donation Time
3.72? What year(s) and model(s) was that used on? I've never heard of that ratio on an Alpine. Thought the 3.89 and 4.22 were all that were ever used on the 'Pine. Even the 3.70 that is available was used on some Rootes vehicles, but I thought never on the Alpine.

Bill

3.7 was only in the arrows range. all S3 should have a 3.89 stock, OD or not.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Thanks guys, I get this stuff wrong all the time.
So this being an SIII should have the higher gear?
I wouldn't mind having it, now that i've drawn so much attention to it!

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Series 3 Parts Car

Send me your needs. The car was stripped to the rolling shell which went to another Sunbeam collector in Wisconsin.

Jack

4beams

Anyone for a SOLID Series 3 GT Project?

As long as your looking for parts, why not an entire car? 63 series3 GT in Reno, Nv. BIG PROJECT, but no rust, $2,500 . email for pics, and movie. :cool: jptoo@myway.com

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Thanks guys, I get this stuff wrong all the time.
So this being an SIII should have the higher gear?
I wouldn't mind having it, now that i've drawn so much attention to it!

Yes, but Jeff is right that on S3's they do have the close ratio transmissions that are desireable. And, even though it didn't come with the 3.70, they are out there and it's worth checking any rear end you come across to see if they are in there.

Is the trunk lid sold yet?

Jay