• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 complete project car

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Just purchased a local complete Series 3 parts car. The body is too far gone to repair with lots of rust and bondo, so I will be selling parts. Write me with your needs. Engine ran when parked, has soft top with bows and fold out rails, Triumph radio with retracting (into fender) antenna, good trunk and bonnet, seats, complete dash, good windshield assy, doors with wing windows and glass, door handles , cranks, etc.etc.etc

Also will trade for Series II clock, radio, speaker.

Regards,

Jack Bacon

skywords

Donation Time
I will take the hood, bonnet, cant rails, instrument panel with gauges, head light rims, tail lights, turn signals, and headlight buckets if they are in good shape. Big pieces will have to be motor freight. Can you post pictues? Are the seat frames solid? Might have to pull covers off to see. Maybe make me a package deal?

Thanks

Rick

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Series III did not have cantrails? :confused:

I need a Series III hood motif. I have a Series II Radio somewhere in the attic.

Paul

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I will take the hood, bonnet, cant rails, instrument panel with gauges, head light rims, tail lights, turn signals, and headlight buckets if they are in good shape. Big pieces will have to be motor freight. Can you post pictues? Are the seat frames solid? Might have to pull covers off to see. Maybe make me a package deal?

Thanks

Rick

Rick,

If all your Alpines are series I or II, then the series 3 soft top frame has no parts that would be usable on a standard I or II car.

HTH,

Lester

Donation Time
How are the dash switch labels? If they are restorable, I will take them all.
Also, how is the choke cable? If it's good, I'll take that too.
Thanks, Lester

skywords

Donation Time
Rick,

If all your Alpines are series I or II, then the series 3 soft top frame has no parts that would be usable on a standard I or II car.

HTH,

Correct you are, it was the lure of the cantrails. Also someone said they don't exist on a series III. I kidda thought the series III are rare and worth the effort to restore. Maybe someone should buy the whole shimolly and give it a restore? I can get parts else where if I have to. Hopefully Jack will post some pictures.

Rick

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Series III proejct car

Will post some photos tomorrow night and will also get back to you guys individually. The soft top has the side rails that unfold out over the windows and are attached to the front bow so I guess they are not cant rails, sorry!

Regards,

Jack

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Series III Project Car Photos

Here are some photos of my Series III parts car -

http://community.webshots.com/user/jackchrisbacon

Body has a lot of bondo and a ton of bondo on the front end. Lots of rust holes and would need floors, sills, doglegs, front valence, etc. etc etc basically the whole lower perimeter.

Let me know what parts you are looking for.

Jack

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Those seats must have come from a Moonstone car....like the one I'm working on! I need those! Trying to save the seats by splicing together some original materials. The car would have had red piping originally. Too bad she is gone, not many ST's around. Seems they made a load of GT's.

Paul

MVC-368S.jpg

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello Jack, It appears there is an overdrive switch on this car. If so I am in need of a speedometer for a OD transmission.

Todd

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Series 3 project car - parting out

The car has a non overdirve transmisssion. The car is stripped except for the rear end and the suspension assembly. Is there any demand for the rear end or suspension parts. If there is I will continue stripping down.

Regards, Jack

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I would keep the whole rear end, but if you don't have the space and feel you don't want to keep the whole thing, I would at least keep the differential and the hubs, if they are for the steel wheels and not the wire wheels.

Jose:)

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Series 3 project car - parting out

How about the front suspension assy? Is there any demand for any parts on front suspension assy?

Thanks!

Jack