• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 badge and images

bdh911

Silver Level Sponsor
My son and I are working to save a neglected Series 3. In the middle of metal and paint now. Looking for a Series 3 hood badge - anyone? Also would be a great help to have some really good engine bay images from another Series 3 for reference. Thanks!

alpine_64

Donation Time
Are you going for factory correct ? Does your s3 have the twin zenith setup or single solex carb?

I have some photos of a factory correct early s3 ST ( twin zenith) engine bay I can dig up. Alternatively Paul Scofield might be able to post so e pictures of his GT , think its all factory correct location but all extra show quality shiney

alpine_64

Donation Time
Engine bay photos:

md_700.jpg

md_701.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
images

The photos michael posted appear to be of a right hand drive car. That means several things including the washer bottle are in a different place on the car. The brake master is different from U.S spec cars.

alpine_64

Donation Time
This is Paul's s3GT, so different carb filter setup and a later 1725 block/oil filter .. as previously mentioned done for show not factory stock.. but is LHD so you can work out what you need between the two cars engine bays.

md_702.jpg

md_703.jpg

md_704.jpg

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, I have the original oil filter setup but opted for the ease of a modern filter. Everything else is factory correct, with the exception of some extra shine.

bdh911

Silver Level Sponsor
We're trying to be reasonably correct. Certainly won't be concours but as right as we can. Thanks!

albeam

Donation Time
Hi BDH911

I recently purchased a bonnet/ hood badge of rick at sunbeam specialties. it arrived over here in australia beautifuly packaged and presents really well. part no ET62 in their catalogue. i have series iv car which should not have the the bonnet badge but i got this itch to add a little extra bling to my car. i have always liked the badge on the early cars. technically not correct but i have not fitted it yet. i am still thinking about it.
Have any of the other members fitted the badge to later cars out there in sunbeam land? i know it is not original or concours but that is a different issue to what your asking.

Albeam

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi BDH911

I recently purchased a bonnet/ hood badge of rick at sunbeam specialties. it arrived over here in australia beautifuly packaged and presents really well. part no ET62 in their catalogue. i have series iv car which should not have the the bonnet badge but i got this itch to add a little extra bling to my car. i have always liked the badge on the early cars. technically not correct but i have not fitted it yet. i am still thinking about it.
Have any of the other members fitted the badge to later cars out there in sunbeam land? i know it is not original or concours but that is a different issue to what your asking.

Albeam

The badge on the series 3 is different, it was also used on the fastback cars and some imps

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
My son and I are working to save a neglected Series 3. In the middle of metal and paint now. Looking for a Series 3 hood badge - anyone? Also would be a great help to have some really good engine bay images from another Series 3 for reference. Thanks!

Not sure if you found the correct hood badge yet - but S3's had a different badge to S1/2. It is the same as used on the hillman Imp. I bought a really nicely made repro badge insert for my S3 from the Hillman Imp club, correct for my S3. Good luck.
Regards,
Paul.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Not sure if you found the correct hood badge yet - but S3's had a different badge to S1/2. It is the same as used on the hillman Imp. I bought a really nicely made repro badge insert for my S3 from the Hillman Imp club, correct for my S3. Good luck.
Regards,
Paul.

Paul I know some of the imps had a slightly smaller version of the s3 bonnet badge. I know the arrow range rapier fastbacks and alpine used the exact badge and chrome plinth as a s3 so might be worth checking UK rapier club too.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
S3 Hood Badge

Hello,

I am just getting back in sink with the club after a long time away. I just took a look at your post. Do you still need a S3 hood badge? The Sunbeam Crest / Graphic can be purchase out of the UK but the real problem is the surround. I will check in my stores, at one time I had quite a few of them. Again, please tell me if you are still looking.

Andrew