• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

series 2 clutch line fittings

T

turbinepete

The line that connects to the slutch servo in my series 2 is, I think, a 5/16. The original fitting I had was a bit mangled and I want to replace the line and the fitting with new. I checked VB and SS and they don`t seem to carry this fitting. Does anybody know where these can be found?

Thanks again :)

Pete

burgy711

Donation Time
Did you call Rick at SS or just look in the catalog? I know when I called him regarding my Series III needs he had an adapter setup that worked for me. If you didn't call him I would suggest you do.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pete,
I don't think anyone carries these. You just buy the proper length double bubble trouble line and wrap it around.....say a piece of pipe or something to get the pigtail in it for the flex of the engine. I don't remember what the length is for sure. I would have taken the one off the parts shell I just sold had I known you needed one.

P.

The line that connects to the slutch servo in my series 2 is, I think, a 5/16. The original fitting I had was a bit mangled and I want to replace the line and the fitting with new. I checked VB and SS and they don`t seem to carry this fitting. Does anybody know where these can be found?

Thanks again :)

Pete

T

turbinepete

Thanks guys.

I will give Rick a call. If I have no luck there, I was thinking of putting a 1/4 inch line instead of the 5/16. I have a couple of new fittings for the 1/4. I wanted to keep it as original as possible.

Pete

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
The line that connects to the slutch servo in my series 2 is, I think, a 5/16.
That cannot be. Series II use a 3/16" (STD brake line) and the series V is 1/4". The thread is 3/8-24 machine and you don't need special fittings. You buy a bubble flared brake line, bend it to the correct shape, cut the end and flare a bubble. Do you want me to make you one?

T

turbinepete

I will recheck on the car tomorrow. But I do remember that I could not get a brake line fitting over the clutch line and it seemed that the OD was 1/16 bigger. The original mangled fitting that I am looking to replace has an unthreaded tip (shank?) like the brake line fittings and I guess that is what I meant by special fitting:confused:

Bubble flare, double-bubble...:eek: I need to do my homework on this.

T

turbinepete

The braided line would do fine but it is the fitting that I want to replace and these seem to be hard to get.

Pete